Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Fare Thee Well, Irving Inquisition Blog, You Burned Too Brightly To Burn Very Long...

Creative stock photo, blog post by John Hoff

For the past two years, Irving Inquisition blog (www.theirving
inquisition.com) has occupied a sentimental place on my "blog roll," a sidebar feature where I try to highlight blogs I feel are important to our North Minneapolis neighborhood issues. 

But it's been a long time since any new material was added to The Irving Inquisition. In fact, it's been a while since ANYTHING was on that blog besides what I might dub "placeholder material," including a notice that "this domain name may be for sale." 

Sigh. For a while, Irving Inquisition burned brightly. It pulled no punches and asked for no quarter in return...


That fierce, highly aggressive blog broke ground on a number of issues and uncovered unique material. The "I.I." burned so brightly and so hotly that, well, there was no way such a thing could last. 

And it didn't. It didn't last. 

My blog roll measures the time since new material has appeared in YEARS, not MONTHS, and currently my blog roll says it's been "two years" since a story appeared concerning Hennepin County's HUB project. It could be longer, though. Once the blog roll hits a year, it starts measuring in years instead of months. 

While I do not mind keeping around old blogs on my blog roll with links to archived material, I don't see the point of highlighting what has become nothing more than the name of a defunct blog. I feel a kind of sadness because it's the end of an era but, well, it was the end of an era quite a while back. 

Time make the record and move on. 

Thankfully, the author of Irving Inquisition is still in North Minneapolis, still a home owner, and still doing productive things. For the battles fought by Irving Inquisition, the author deserves my thanks and, for that matter, probably a medal for valor. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Censorship front and center. no shit.