Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Five More Stories By "Rusty," A North Minneapolis Writer...

Creative stock photo, blog post by John Hoff

On Halloween I published some stories by "Rusty," who lives in North Minneapolis and writes funny, colorful tales about his life. Encouraged by what he described as "fifteen minutes of fame" on this blog, Rusty sent me five more stories.

Only one of the stories is about NORTH Minneapolis but I say the author is the neighborhood connection. I am happy to encourage the arts and, as a prolific writer myself, I believe the kind of personal introspection and historical record produced by this kind of writing is beneficial to both self and society.

So what the heck? Without further ado...

....here are five more stories.

Cleanup On Aisle 11, 12 and 13 is about what happens when a little boy grasps the overall concept of potty training, but falls short on some of the finer points. Click here. 

Farm Heaven is about a rural paradise where Rusty could even play with matches and experience no punishment, click here. 

A Confession is different than most "I committed childhood mayhem" stories, in that Rusty never got caught doing what he did in this story. But now he comes clean, click here.

White Castle Nightmares is a kind of stream-of-consciousness tale about a hot summer night, a car with an odd push button transmission, and strange dreams. Click here. 

The Angel Of Crystal Lake Cemetery is the only North Minneapolis story, and it concerns a deep family mystery and...well, I don't want to spoil it, but there's a mystery in a cemetery. Click here. 

Another big thanks to Rusty and, once again, I am happy to publish North Minneapolis historical stories that come into my hands so kick 'em this way. 

No comments: