Thursday, March 31, 2011

Helping Some Random Citizen With The Hennepin County Jail Roster...

Random photo, blog post by John Hoff

Yesterday, I received an email from a citizen whose girlfriend is involved in a custody battle with her ex-boyfriend. They'd been trying to look up information about the guy online, but they'd had no luck. One of my "jail house roster" blog posts was the first solid clue they'd found on the internet concerning his "recent offenses."

They wondered if I could help further?

On the one hand, I am very much a "father's rights" kind of guy. On the other hand, truth is truth, and a father's criminal record should not be concealed from the courts as custody decisions are made.

So I sent this "random citizen" information about the website I use to look up court cases and...

...a listing of the young man's criminal charges.

With the name and case numbers omitted, here's his record:

Hennepin Juvenile
Delinquency - Felony
Converted Closed
THEFT PROP
ESCAPE CUSTODY

Hennepin Criminal/Traffic/Petty Southdale
Crim/Traf Mandatory
Closed
FAILURE TO PRODUCE PROOF OF INSURAN
DRIVING AFTER SUSPENSION
POSSESS MARIJUANA IN A MOTOR VEHICL

Hennepin Criminal/Traffic/Petty Downtown
Crim/Traf Mandatory
Under Court Jurisdiction
TERRORISTIC THREATS-BOMB THREAT (FELONY)
DOMESTIC ASSAULT (MISD)

Scott
Crim/Traf Non-Mand
Under Court Jurisdiction
Traffic Regulation - Passing on Right When Prohibited
Traffic-Drivers License-Driving After Suspension

Hennepin Criminal/Traffic/Petty Downtown
Crim/Traf Mandatory
Under Court Jurisdiction
TRAFFIC-DRIVERS LICENSE-DRIVING AFTER SUSPENSION

I continue to be amazed by how much traffic has made its way to my blog due to publishing the criminal justice equivalent of the phone book: the Hennepin County Jail roster, addresses included, a public document that (despite being "public") is not crawled by Google bots until it hits my blog.

How many elusive clues are found, how many valuable connections made, how much of an impact do those arcane blog posts have on society? I can only imagine.

This I know for sure: I can hardly wait for the 5th of the month to roll around in an approximate kind of way so I can publish the new roster.

No comments: