Thursday, April 17, 2008

City Boards Up A Crack House--Place Your Bets On How Long The Boards Will Stay Up THIS Time


Here is "420 31st" with a board on the front door, thank goodness. Early on the morning of April 16, as I walked around with the neighborhood organization and another Minn Post reporter, we found the Re/Max sign was finally removed.

Now if I want to say somebody is "remiss," I'll have to look up the owner.

Oh, trust me...it's in the works.

The board off to the left is the one I used to secure the front door of "3019." I think the crack heads were using the area behind the board as their toilet.

Well, not ALL THE TIME, though. Also, see the little screen window in the foundation? Two of those were pried off. The crack heads were obviously trying to figure out a way to access the house, but lacking decent tools to do the job.

(Do not click "Read More")

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

there is a fairly easy way to look up owner info online (and lots of other nifty city/tax info) check out:

http://apps.ci.minneapolis.mn.us/AddressApp/SearchByAddress.aspx?AppID=PIApp

as for "416 30th" it looks like the following is contact info:
Sunday & Oluyemisi Olateju
Po Box 28501 St Paul Mn 55128

--c

Johnny Northside said...

Thank you! I am quite familiar with that website as well as the county website, which also has useful information. You're just ahead of me on my own blog but, hey, that's very cool.

Really, if anybody wants to look up the properties on my street and just feed me the information, it will save me the trouble and leave me more time for putting up boards and painting over graffiti.

I'll start with "my block," the facing streets, the "corridor of safety" and then work into the surrounding blocks. Unfortunately, I'm off to class...believe it or not, I don't "board and blog" all day.

Johnny Northside said...

Name: Olateju, Oluyemisi

Credential Type: Real Estate

Salesperson (94)

Credential Number: 54703-94

Location: St Paul, MN

License Type: regular

Status credential license is current (active)

Eligible To Practice: YES

First Fee Received: 12/07/2006

License current through: 2008-12-14

Granted date: 2002-05-08

Multi-state: N/A

Orders: NONE
Specialties:
Other Names: Oluyemisi Olateju